Hardik Pandya and Ben Stokes are two of the finest fast bowling all-rounders of today’s generation. Both of them play a very important part in their respective teams. Ben Stokes has announced retirement from ODIs after a successful ODI career. Hardik Pandya who is enjoying the best years of his career is on the verge of becoming a very successful all-rounder. In this article, we will draw a comparison of stats between these two.
- Matches played – Hardik Pandya has played 65 ODI matches in his career so far whereas Ben Stokes has played 103 ODI matches in his career. Ben Stokes will never play the ODI format because of his workload pressure.
- Runs – talking about runs, Ben Stokes is ahead of Hardik Pandya because of the number of matches he played and also because of his consistency. Ben Stokes has made 2892 runs while Hardik Pandya has made 1315 runs.
- Average – Due to injuries and bad form Pandya was not a regular part of the Indian squad and that’s why he lacks in average. Pandya has an average of 32.88 and Ben Stokes has an average of 39.62.
- Wickets – despite playing more matches than Hardik Ben Stokes does not have much difference in the wickets column, although he is ahead of Pandya not much. Ben Stokes has 74 ODI wickets and Pandya has 59 ODI wickets.
- Centuries – talking about centuries, Hardik Pandya is yet to score his maiden ODI century and Ben Stokes already has 3.
Half centuries – Ben Stokes plays at No.4 and Pandya plays in the lower middle order and that’s why Ben Stokes is way ahead of Pandya in terms of half centuries. He has 21 half centuries and Pandya has 8 so far.