Here are the top 10 greatest playmakers of all time
The playmakers are one of the primary attractive factors in world football. Their vision, imagination and creative play help to enthral those who watch and play alike.
The IFFHS held an award for the best playmaker every year. Messi and Xavi have won it 4 times, more than any other player in history.
- Lionel Messi – The Argentine has 356 assists to his name, more than anyone else in history. He is arguably the best playmaker of all time.
- Xavi – Xavi was a kind of player who symbolize a certain system or a certain philosophy. He is indisputably the greatest passer of the ball in the game today.
- Andres Iniesta – Xavi’s chief partner Iniesta is slightly different to him in his approach. He seeks to dribble and more directly create rather than control the tempo.
- Luka Modric – The arrival of Luka Modric in Real Madrid was a real blessing to the club. His partnership with Toni Kroos is the thing what we want to see in modern football, just like Xavi and Iniesta.
- Kevin De Bruyne – Without a doubt, De Bruyne is currently the best mid-fielder in the world. And by the time he retires, he will surely be one of the greatest mid-fielders in history.
- Toni Kroos – The companion of Luka Modric, Kroos has created his name as one of the greatest passers in modern football.
- Mesut Ozil – The so called ‘Assist King’, Ozil’s has still got some moves even after his exit from the European football. However, Real Madrid fans would never forget what he did for the club.
- Andrea Pirlo – Pirlo was a deep-lying playmaker. He always used to find gaps that no one ever even dreamed of and that is why he is called ‘The Maestro’.
- Eden Hazard – The vintage Hazard was a different recipe. The way he controls the ball and look for his teammate to give him the pass is so satisfying to watch.