Here are the top 10 highest scoring midfielders of all time
Our football history have witnessed many great midfielders. Some of them were underrated whereas some didn’t get the attention they deserve.
Midfield is a position of passing and playmaking, but sometimes you get a chance top score too. So sometimes, a midfielders gets the opportunity to work like a striker.
Today we will tell you about the midfielders with highest scoring record in history. Can you guess where Frank Lampard stands on this list?
Highest Scoring Midfielders
- Zico – The Brazilian is the highest goalscoring midfielder with 477 official goals in his career. He was called ‘The White Pele’ for his creative playmaking skills.
- Fritz Walter – The German legend scored 390 goals in his career. He helped Germany win the FIFA World Cup in 1954.
- Michel Platini – The French midfielder scored 353 goals in his career. He helped France win the UEFA Euros in 1984 and is regarded as one of the greatest players of his generation.
- Teofilo Cubillas – The Peruvian legend scored 340 goals in his career. With five goals in 1978 World Cup, he finished second behind Mario Kempes in the Golden Shoe race.
- Bobby Charlton – The English international scored 309 goals in his career and has also won the Ballon d’Or in 1996.
- Frank Lampard – Arguably the greatest midfielder in England’s history, Lampard bagged 303 goals in his career. Out of those 303 goals, 27 were scored for the country.
- Socrates – Probably named after the Greek Philosopher, Socrates scored 258 goals in his career. He is one of the greatest Brazilians in football history.
- Ricardo Kaka – Another Brazilian in the list, Kaka scored 237 goals in his career. He is also one of the players to ever win a Ballon d’Or.
- Jan Ceulemans – The Belgian legend scored 230 goals in his career. Pele named him in his famous list of the ‘125 greatest living footballers.
- Lothar Matthaus – Another German in this list, Matthaus scored 227 goals in his career.
Also Read: 10 Greatest Right-Wingers Of All Time