After claiming the 14th Roland Garros title, Rafael Nadal has become the best in the history of the sport. The 36-year-old Rafael Nadal beat and won his 22-career grand slam title at French Open 2022. In this article, we will see what makes Rafael Nadal special on clay courts and what are his all-time records and stats in French Open.
In his career so far, Rafael Nadal has won 14 French Open titles which are the highest by any player in the history of the sport. Rafael won its first in 2005 as a teenager and his latest came in 2022 soon after his 36th birthday. There is a reason why they call him King of clay because of his fabulous streak and records in the French Open. He won the French Open in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022.
You will be surprised to know that; Rafael Nadal has lost only three matches at Roland Garros in his career so far.
The first match he lost was against Robin Soldering of Sweden in 2009 where Soldering defeated Nadal in the 4th round.
His second defeat came in the 2015 quarter-finals when Novak Djokovic beat Nadal in three straight sets. It was Nadal’s worst French open defeat.
His third defeat in French Open came in 2021 when he lost against Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.
We have earlier seen that Nadal has lost only 3 matches in French Open but he has won 112 matches in French Open which makes him the greatest in the French Open’s history. his win percentage in French Open is 97.2.
- Nadal has most French open titles after his name (14).
- Most French open finals are contested (14).
- Most consecutive French Open titles (5).
- Highest match winning streak in French Open (39).
- Highest ever wins in French Open (112).
- Highest win percentage in French Open (97.2).
- Won the French Open title in each decade of the 21st century (the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s).