On Tuesday evening Asian Cricket Council announced the much-awaited schedule for Asia Cup 2022 which will start from 27 August 2022 till 11 September 2022. Sri Lanka will host the Cup but the venue will not be Sri Lanka because of the ongoing political and economical crises in the island nation. So new venue announced by ACC is United Arab Emirates (UAE). In this article, we will see all the schedule and group details of the Asia Cup 2022.
There are two groups in Asia Cup 2022, group A and B. Asia cup will be played in the T20 format and it will be perfect preparation for 6 Asian countries for the upcoming T20 world cup 2022 in Australia. Each group consists of three teams. Five teams are confirmed for the tournament and the 6th one will come from qualifiers.
- Group A – group consists of arch-rivals India and Pakistan and is also one of the qualifying teams among Kuwait, UAE, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- Group B – group consists of host nations Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan.
All the teams will play with their group members and after that two group winners of each group will move to Super 4’s where they will play in round robin format and two toppers from that format will play in the finals on 11 September. So, in this article, we are here with all the information regarding the Asia Cup 2022 like Fixtures/Schedules, match points table, and teams.
Venue and Date :
|August 27||Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan||Dubai|
|August 28||India Vs Pakistan||Dubai|
|August 30||Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan||Sharjah|
|August 31||India Vs Qualifier||Dubai|
|September 1||Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh||Dubai|
|September 2||Pakistan Vs Qualifier||Sharjah|
|September 3||B1 Vs B2||Sharjah|
|September 4||A1 Vs A2||Dubai|
|September 6||A1 Vs B1||Dubai|
|September 7||A2 Vs B2||Dubai|
|September 8||A1 Vs B2||Dubai|
|September 9||B1 Vs A2||Dubai|
|September 11||Final: 1st Super 4 Vs 2nd Super 4||Dubai|
All matches will start at 7:30 PM IST.
Only Asian countries participate in Asia Cup and here are all the teams in Asia Cup 2022.
- India – team India will be the favorites to win the tournament as they are the top seed and one of the best teams in the T20 format at present.
- Pakistan – the second-best country in the tournament will be none other than Pakistan as they have improved significantly in this format in the past few years.
- Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka who will also be the host nation will be the third team in Asia Cup. Asia Cup will play a big role for Sri Lanka for the upcoming T20 world cup.
- Bangladesh – Bangladesh which is one of the fastest-growing nations in cricket will be a strong contender for teams in the Asia Cup.
- Afghanistan – in the past few years Afghanistan has played brilliant cricket and they have produced some f the finest cricketers in this format.