Two of the most successful Indian pacers, Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan share some unbelievable coincidences in their test careers. Right arm pacer Ishant Sharma and left arm fast bowler Zaheer Khan played many matches together for the Indian team. They both are very dedicated servants of the Indian team. In this article, we will tell you about the similar stats of their test careers.
- Wickets – Zaheer Khan has 311 test wickets in his career for India. Whereas Ishant Sharma who has not retired from test cricket yet has 311 test wickets so far in his test career.
- 5 wicket hauls – as Ishant has not retired from test cricket, he has 11 five wicket hauls in his test career so far. Zaheer Khan on the other hand retired with the same 11 five wicket hauls in tests.
- 10 wicket haul – both Ishant and Zaheer have 1 ten wicket hauls in their test career.
- Wickets in India – Indian conditions are not much favourable for pacers but both Ishant and Zaheer have 104 test wickets on Indian soil in test cricket.
- Wickets outside India – Zaheer Khan was once India’s main bowler in test cricket. He took many wickets outside India. In his career, Zaheer took 207 wickets outside India. Zaheer saw Ishant from his debut and till now Ishant has also taken 207 test wickets outside India.