Kane Williamson has stepped down from the test captaincy, he was last among the fab four who was leading his team in tests. 2022 has been a tough year for fans because three fab four members Virat Kohli, Joe Root and now Kane Williamson they all gave up their test captaincy. In this article we will draw a statistical comparison between them as test captains.
- Matches – as captains Virat played 68, Root 64, Williamson 40 and Steve Smith 36 matches.
- Won – Virat has won the most number of test matches among the fab four. He won 40, Root won 27, Williamson 22 and Smith 20.
- Lost – Root has lost most number of matches as test captain. Root lost 26, Virat 17, Williamson and Smith 10 each.
- Draw – under the captaincy of Virat and Root, India and England draw 11 matches each. Williamson with 8 and Smith with 6.
- Innings – Virat played in 113 innings, Root in 118, Williamson in 65 and Steve Smith in 64.
- Runs – Virat has scored most runs as test captain. He has 5864 runs as test captain, Root has 5295, Williamson has 3331 and Smith has 3793.
- Average – Steve Smith has highest batting average as test captain among fab four of 67.73, then Williamson of 57.43, then Virat of 54.80 and Root of 48.44.
- Highest score – Virat has highest score of 254*, then Williamson of 251, then Smith of 239 and then root of 228.
- Hundreds – its again Virat leading with 20 hundred, then Smith with 15, then Root with 14 and Williamson with 11.