Both Ruturaj Gaikwad and Yashasvi Jaiswal are picked for the West Indies tour of two test matches series. They both get their maiden India call for tests. It becomes important to look at their stats. So, in this article, we will see first-class domestic stats of the Ranji trophy of Ruturaj Gaikwad and Yashasvi Jaiswal.
Ruturaj Gaikwad vs Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Matches – Gaikwad played more matches than Yashasvi Jaiswal in first-class cricket. Gaikwad played 28 games while Jaiswal played only 15 games in domestic cricket.
- Innings – out of 28 matches Gaikwad batted in 47 innings while Jaiswal played in 26 innings.
- Runs – despite playing 13 fewer matches, Jaiswal is only 94 runs behind Ruturaj Gaikwad in first-class cricket. Gaikwad made 1941 runs in first-class cricket whereas Jaiswal being younger made 1845 runs.
- Average – first-class average of Jaiswal in tests is almost double of Ruturaj Gaikwad. Gaikwad averages 42.19 while Yashasvi Jaiswal averages 80.21.
- Highest score – Ruturaj Gaikwad has never made a double hundred in tests in first-class cricket, his highest score in the Ranji trophy is 195. Jaiswal is very young but a very talented player. His highest test score in the Ranji trophy is 265.
- Centuries – Jaiswal is ahead of Gaikwad in terms of centuries as Jaiswal has 9 Ranji centuries in his career while Ruturaj Gaikwad has only 6 centuries in first-class cricket.
- Half centuries – when it comes to half centuries Ruturaj left Jaiswal behind as Ruturaj got 9 half centuries but Jaiswal has only 2 half-centuries in first-class cricket.