Indian vice-captain, Hardik Pandya is India’s most valuable player in white ball cricket at present. He is a star and on the verge of becoming an important fast-bowling all-rounder for India. In this article, we will tell you what makes him special and why he is a big match player.
- Hardik Pandya started his journey in 2016 and in a big game against Pakistan at Asia Cup 2016, he took 3 wickets and gave only 8 runs in his spell.
- In the same year Hardik defended those memorable 11 runs in the last over against Bangladesh in T20 World Cup. Hardik also made 15 off 7 with the bat.
- We all remember his heroics against Pakistan in the 2017 Champions trophy final where he played like a lone warrior.
- India was 5/3 when Hardik came to bat against New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup semifinal. His 32-run knock against the black caps was a crucial one.
- Hardik always loves playing against Pakistan and in the 2022 Asia Cup, he made a comeback and won the Player of the Match award for his all-round performance in the match.
- The 2022 T20 World Cup clash between India and Pakistan is famous for Virat Kohli’s classics but it was Pandya who kept the wicket from another end and played a very crucial knock of 40 runs and took important wickets.
- India lost the semifinal against England in a very humiliating manner but things could have been worse if Pandya had not been there. He made a very important fifty to get India to a respectable target.
- He again proved himself against Pakistan in Asia Cup 2023 where he made 87 after the collapse of the top order. He was asked to bat after India was struggling and he saved India and got India to a respectable target.