The no. 1 ranked T20 team in the world, team India is a very strong contender for the ICC men’s T20 world cup in Australia. Before stepping into the T20 world cup 2022 let us see how India has performed in previous editions of the T20 world cups.
- 2007 – inaugural ICC men’s T20 world cup of 2007 in South Africa was won by team India. They finished as winners of the tournament under none other than Dhoni’s captaincy. It was a very young squad and it will be remembered for many things.
- 2009 – in 2009 T20 world cup was played in England and India finished in the super 8 stages of the tournament.
- 2010 – in 2010 also India finished at the super 8 stage. The Third edition of the T20 world cup was played in West Indies.
- 2012 – in 2012 again India finished in the super 8 stages. The Fourth edition of the T20 world cup was played in Sri Lanka.
- 2014 –the 2014 World Cup was in Bangladesh and India finished as runners-up in the tournament losing the final to Sri Lanka.
- 2016 – in 2016 India was the favourite to win the T20 world cup because they were playing at home. But unfortunately, they finished their tournament in the semi-finals stage losing the semi-finals to West Indies.
- 2021 – team India’s worst performance in the T20 world Cups came in the 2021 T20 world cup in the United Arab Emirates where they were out of the group stage.