Cricket experts and critics are very impressed with Delhi’s auction strategy. Delhi Capitals (DC) has done impressive work in the auctions. They bought 20 players in the auction and they retained 4 before the auction. So, it will be 24 players squad. Rishabh Pant will be the captain of the team. In this article, we will see the best possible playing 11 of Delhi Capitals.
- David Warner – David Warner was the smartest buy of Delhi Capitals. Warner started his IPL career with Delhi and now he is back in Delhi again. Warner is the most consistent batsman of IPL. He got a lot of experience of playing on IPL. Warner has played 150 matches in IPL and scored 5449 runs.
- Prithvi Shaw – Delhi retained Prithvi Shaw as their second retention. They have invested a lot in young Shaw. Shaw has performed for Delhi in previous seasons. He was very good with the bat. Shaw has scored 1305 runs in 54 matches in IPL.
- Mitchell Marsh – Australian all-rounder Mitchell Marsh will be a perfect choice for No.3 for Delhi Capitals. Mitchell Marsh has done a very impressive job for Australia while batting at No.3. Marsh played for SRH in earlier seasons. He has 225 runs and 20 wickets in 21 IPL matches.
- Rishabh Pant (captain and wicketkeeper) – Rishabh Pant is the highest-paid player by Delhi Capitals. He is also the captain of the Delhi Capitals this year. Pant has improved his game so much. He is now in a senior player category. Pant will be a perfect choice for No.4. He will also be the wicketkeeper of the Delhi Capitals. In 84 matches he has scored 2498 runs in IPL.
- Rovman Powell – Delhi buys West Indies power hitter Rovman Powell in the mega auction. He will play at No.5. Earlier it was Hetymer who was playing in this position but now Powell can do that same thing. He can play the role of a finisher.
- Lalit Yadav – Delhi bought Lalit Yadav back in the mega auction. He was part of the Delhi team last year and played a few games. He is a spin all-rounder who can also bat in the middle order.
- Axar Patel – Axar Patel will be the only perfect spinner available in our playing 11 of Delhi Capitals. Axar Patel can also bat in the lower middle order and he can also play big shorts. He was also one of the four players who was retained by the Delhi Capitals. Axar Patel has 953 runs and 95 wickets in 109 matches in IPL.
- Shardul Thakur – Delhi’s most expensive buy in the auction was Shardul Thakur. Delhi bought him 10.75 crore rupees. Shardul Thakur is more of an all-rounder now. He has impressed everyone with his batting in the previous few matches of India. Shardul Thakur has 67 wickets in 61 matches in IPL.
- Kuldeep Yadav – Indian wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav will be a perfect spinner for Delhi in their playing 11. Kuldeep Yadav is a wicket-taking bowler from whom you can get four overs straight. He Has 40 wickets in 45 matches in IPL.
- Anrich Nortje – South African pacer Anrich Nortje became very famous from the past two seasons of IPL. He got pace in his bowling which is the most dangerous aspect of his bowling. He is also a wicket-taking bowler who can bowl in any situation of the game. Nortje was also one of the four retentions of the Delhi Capitals.
- Chetan Sakariya – India left-arm Speedster Chetan Sakariya will be a perfect choice for that one perfect Indian pacer for Delhi. He was bought by RR last season where he has done an impressive job which forced Delhi to go after him in the mega auction.
Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw, Anrich Nortje, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Shardul Thakur, Mustafizur Rahman, Kuldeep Yadav, Ashwin Hebbar, Abhishek Sharma, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, KS Bharat, Mandeep Singh, Khaleel Ahmed, Chetan Sakariya, Lalit Yadav, Ripal Patel, Yash Dhull, Rovman Powell, Pravin Dubey, Lungi Ngidi, Vicky Ostwal, and Sarfaraz Khan.