Mumbai Indians (MI) has not done an auction according to the expectations of experts. They are probably not serious about this year’s edition of IPL. Mumbai retained 4 players before the mega auction and they bought 21 players in the auction. Rohit Sharma will be the captain of the team. So here is the best possible playing 11 of Mumbai Indians.
- Rohit Sharma (captain) – Mumbai’s captain Rohit Sharma will be our first opener. He has brilliant stats as the opener. He is also the most successful IPL captain with five trophies in his cabinet. Rohit can start the innings well and he can also play big innings. He has scored 5611 runs in 213 matches in IPL.
- Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper) – Ishan Kishan was the most expensive player of the mega auction 2022. Mumbai bought him 15.25 crore rupees. Ishan Kishan will be our second opener as he can give a perfect combination of the left-hand and right-hand combination to Rohit Sharma. Ishan Kishan has scored 1452 runs in 61 matches in IPL.
- Surya Kumar Yadav – another Indian batsman Surya Kumar Yadav is a perfect choice for No.3. his presence makes the top order of Mumbai Indians pretty strong. He has played 115 IPL matches in his career and scored 2341 runs.
- Tilak Verma – Tilak Verma is a young Indian middle order batsman. Mumbai bought him from the uncapped player’s list. Tilak Verma will make his IPL debut from the most successful IPL franchise.
- Tim David – Mumbai bought Tim David at a very high price from the auction. He is a young all-rounder who plays for Singapore national team. He was part of the RCB squad last year but he could not get a chance to play for them this year it looks like Mumbai will include him in his starting 11.
- Kieron Pollard – Mumbai’s backbone Kieron Pollard was one of the four players who was retained by Mumbai Indians. Pollard is an integral part of Mumbai Indians. He gave Mumbai fans many moments to celebrate. He is also an all-rounder but his power-hitting in the lower middle order is his specialty. He has 3268 runs and 65 wickets in 178 matches in IPL.
- Daniel Sams – young Australian fast bowling all-rounder Daniel Sams went to Mumbai’s squad in the mega auction. He was part of the RCB team last year but he will now play for Mumbai Indians. There are not many records of him in the IPL but he is a very talented player.
- Mayank Markande – another Indian origin all-rounder Mayank Markande will play for Mumbai Indians in 2022 IPL. Markande is a right-arm spin bowler and right-arm batsman. He has 16 wickets in 18 matches in IPL.
- Murugan Ashwin – M Ashwin is a very skillful spin bowler. He was with Punjab in the previous season. He is a wicket-taking bowler and he will be the only perfect spin bowler in Mumbai’s playing 11. He has 26 wickets in 34 matches in IPL.
- Jaspreet Bumrah – one of the best bowlers in the world now. Jaspreet Bumrah will lead the pace attack of Mumbai Indians. He is a very experienced bowler of MI. Bumrah is gem of Mumbai squad. He can bowl in any phase of the game. He can start in the power play, he can bowl in middle overs, he can get you a wicket and he is very dangerous with his Yorkers in death overs. He has 130 wickets in 106 matches in IPL.
- Tymal Mills – Tymal Mills is an England’s fast bowler who will play for Mumbai Indians. Mills has speed in his bowling with variations according to the T20 format. He will make his debut in IPL for Mumbai Indians and he will also give company to Jasprit Bumrah in the fast-bowling department.
Rohit Sharma, Surya Kumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishan Kishan, Dewald Brevis, Basil Thampi, Murugan Ashwin, Jaydev Unadkat, Mayank Markande, N Tilak Varma, Sanjay Yadav, Jofra Archer, Daniel Sams, Tymal Mills, Tim David, Arshad Khan, Anmolpreet Singh, Ramandeep Singh, Rahul Buddhi, Hrithik Shokeen, Arjun Tendulkar, Fabian Allen, Aryan Juyal, and Riley Meredith.