Sports Desk – James Anderson is one of England’s most successful bowlers. James Anderson is one of England’s most successful bowlers. Even at the age of 38, Anderson is performing very well bowling. He recently took 600 wickets against Pakistan. He is the first pacer to do so, overall the fourth bowler.
Apart from this, he took five wickets in Test cricket for the 29th time. Today we are going to tell you about his career, record and biography.
Real Name – James Michael Anderson
Nickname – Jimmy, The Burnley Express, The King of Swing, The Burnley Lara Daisy
Date of Birth – 30 July 1982
Age – (as in 2020) 38 Years
Birth Place – Burnley, Lancashire, England
Profession – English Cricketer (Bowler)
Height – 6’ 2” (188 cm)
Bowling Style – Right-arm fast-medium
Batting Style – Left-hand bat
Nationality – English
School- St Mary’s, Burnley, Lancashire St Theodore’s
RC High School, Burnley, Lancashire
College – Not Known
Educational Qualifications – Not Known
Father – Michael Anderson
Mother – Catherine Anderson
Wife – Daniella Lloyd (m. In 2006)
Children – 2 Lola Rose (Born January 2009), Ruby Luxe (Born December 2010)
Test – 22 May 2003 vs Zimbabwe in London
ODI – 15 December 2002 vs Australia in Melbourne
T20 – 9 January 2007 vs Australia in Sydney
- Jimmy Anderson became the first English player to take 600 wickets, surpassing the 383 wicket mark held by Ian Botham.
- At the age of 20 years 288 days, Anderson became the youngest Lancashire cricketer to take a hat-trick.
- With 29 Test and 2 ODI five-wicket hauls, Anderson is currently the 6th highest Test wicket-taker of all time.
- Apart from this, he has also done 10 wickets in the Test 3 times.
- Jimmy Anderson is the first pacer to take 600 Test wickets
- In 2018, he beat Glenn McGrath to take the most Test wickets (564 wickets) ever by a seamer.
Biography/Known Facts About James Anderson
James Anderson was born on 30 July 1982 in Burnley, Lancashire, England. As a child, he was obsessed with tennis. But, as years passed on, Anderson developed an inclination towards Cricket. With just 5 List-A matches, Anderson was selected for the England’s ODI squad, even before he was awarded his County Cap. Anderson, in 2003, became the 42nd Englishman to get a 5 wicket haul on debut.
It is said that Anderson wanted to become a spin bowler when he was 12 years old. But soon their difference changed.
In 2010, Anderson became the first cricketer to model naked for Britain’s highest selling gay magazine “Attitude”.