After a terrific IPL season, Jos Buttler was so close to winning the IPL trophy with Rajasthan Royals. It was a season to remember for Jos Buttler with the bat. Jos was very close to Virat Kohli’s records of 2016 but he could not break them. So, in this article, we will draw a comparison between Jos Buttler’s 2022 season and Virat’s 2016 season. We will compare these two based on all the legit stats.
- Runs – talking about runs, Jos Buttler made 863 runs which are the second-highest individual runs in an IPL season and Virat in 2016 made 973 runs in a single season of IPL.
- Matches – talking about matches Jos played one match more than Virat Kohli. Buttler played 17 matches in 2022 and Virat played 16 matches in 2016. Buttler played one match more because Rajasthan played the second Qualifier.
- Innings – matches, and innings are different things. A batsman doesn’t need to get to bat even after playing a full match but in the case of both Kohli and Buttler, they both played innings equal to their matches in their respective seasons.
- Highest Score – as we know the only record which Buttler equalized is four hundred in an IPL season by a player and with that. Buttler’s highest score in IPL 2022 was 116 and Virat’s highest score in 2016 was 113.
- Hundreds and Fifties – both Virat and Buttler have an equal number of centuries in their respective seasons. They both made 4 centuries. But when it comes to half-centuries Kohli is ahead of Jos as Kohli made 8 half-centuries in 2016 and Jos made 4 in 2022.
- Average – in terms of average, Kohli is ahead of Buttler. He had an average of 81.08 in IPL 2016 and Jos Buttler had an average of 57.53 in IPL 2022.
- Strike Rate – in the strike rate also, Kohli is ahead of Buttler. Kohli had a strike rate of 152.03 in 2016 and Jos Buttler had a strike rate of 149.05 in 2022.
- Fours and Sixes – it is the biggest coincidence that both Kohli and Buttler have an equal number of fours and sixes in their respective seasons. They both smashed 83 fours and 45 sixes.