India have played their first warm up match last night against England. India won the match by 7 wickets. In this article we will see some positive and Negatives things for team India after first warm up match.
- Team India started their world cup campaign with a win over England. This can be considered as the biggest positive for team India.
- Virat Kohli decided to bowl first after winning the toss which to be honest was not beneficial. England scored 188 runs against India’s best bowling line up but the thing is Mohammad Shami which is the only bowler who took 3 wickets. He managed to take wickets of both the dangerous looking England openers. Shami’s bowling and Bumrah’s death over masterpiece gave Indian selectors a green chit for both the bowlers.
- India’s bowling was normal and was not up to the mark. So, we really can’t pick more positives from it but batting department did their job very well. India chased down the massive score of 188 in 19 overs only which will surely boost their confidence.
- Talking about the batting, how can we neglect the innings of KL Rahul. KL Rahul showed why he is currently the best T20I batsmen of India. Rahul played a knock of 51 runs off just 24 balls with some beautiful shots. He was just delightful to watch. He also played some of the best shots of the game.
- There is no doubt that who will open for team India. Virat made it very clear yesterday that Rohit and Rahul will open but the young man Ishan Kishan was brilliant for India when he came as opener with KL Rahul. Kishan showed why he can be a part of playing 11 for India. He played a beautiful innings of 70 runs off 46 balls and got retired to gave chance to Surya Kumar Yadav to bat. Kishan can play at No.4 in the super 12 matches because he is in a good form than Surya Kumar Yadav.
- Bowling of team India was really weak. They gave 188 runs on UAE pitches where average scores are around 150 to 170. You cannot rely on your batting always.
- Next negative for team India is which bowling combination can they should play. They picked their best fast bowling combination last night which was not impressive.
- Next big problem for team India is Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s form. He gave 54 runs and took zero wicket last night which is of course a matter of concern for team India. He has a big role to play in world cup but the fact is he is not delivering according to his name. team India can try Shardul Thakur in his place who has a batter record of bowling in UAE than Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Shardul also gives an option of batting.
- Who will be India’s main spinner for the world cup? Yesterday India tried Ashwin and Rahul Chahar for that place but both were not looking good. It can be Varun Chakravarty but still India has three main spinners and to pick one among them is a matter of concern for coach and captain.
- Another and last problem of team India is Virat Kohli’s form and Hardik Pandya’s form. Indian fans were expecting to finish the game from Virat when he came to bat but continuing his bad form, he gave his wicket to part time bowler Liam Livingston. Hardik Pandya is a player who is a major concern for team India. He is not bowling which gave us an indication that he will play as a proper batsman but he is also not doing well with the bat and he comes to bat at very low which gives him the role of finishing. Shardul Thakur can be a perfect replacement for him.