Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja both are prime spinners in the Indian test team, they both will play in the upcoming test series against Australia. Both Ashwin and Jadeja have done some exceptional work for team India in the past few years, especially in the test format. So, in this article, we will see a stats comparison between Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in test format in Indian conditions.
Ravichandran Ashwin Vs Ravindra Jadeja
- Matches – Ravichandran Ashwin has played more matches than Jadeja in India. Ashwin played 51 matches and Jadeja played 36 matches.
- Innings – playing in a match and bowling in a match are two different things, Ashwin bowled in 99 innings while Jadeja bowled in only 71 innings.
- Wickets – wickets are the most important aspect and Ashwin being the prime bowler has 312 wickets while Jadeja has 172 in Indian conditions.
- Average – despite having more wickets, Ashwin is behind of Jadeja in terms of average. Jadeja has an average of 20.66 and Ashwin has an average of 21.16.
- Strike Rate – bowling strike of Ashwin is 47.1 whereas Jadeja has a bowling strike rate of 55.1.
- 5 wicket hauls – it is the biggest achievement for a bowler in test cricket and Ashwin is a clear winner in this stat because he has 30 5 wicket hauls in India while Jadeja has only 10.
- Best bowling in an inning – Jadeja has the best bowling figure of an inning, he has a figure of 7/48 whereas Ashwin has 7/59.
- Best bowling in a match – when it comes to best bowling figure in a match, Ashwin has now better stat because he has a bowling figure of 13/140 in a match while Jadeja has 10/154.