Virat Kohli is a phenomenal player. After suffering from a bad patch in his career where he was lacking in runs, he has now regained his form in the ongoing world cup in Australia. In the fourth group stage match against Bangladesh, Virat played a beautiful knock of 64*. It is his third half-century in this world cup. In this article, we will see all the records made by Virat Kohli after the match against Bangladesh.
- Highest run-getter in T20 world cups – Virat is now the leading run scorer in T20 World Cups. He has surpassed Mahela Jayawardene. Virat has now 1065 runs in T20 world cups so far.
- Highest batting average in T20 world cups – the average is one of Virat’s best stat. Virat has an average of 50 in all the formats. Talking about the T20 world cups, Virat has an average of 88.75 in T20 world cups which is considered as best according to experts.
- Most half-centuries in t20 world cups – two-time player of the tournament champion, Virat Kohli has now the highest number of half-centuries in the T20 world cups. After 64 against Bangladesh, Virat has now 13 half-centuries in the T20 world cups.
- Most man of the match awards in world cups – Virat is a class player. He is a pure matchwinner for India. He has delivered many amazing performances which were rewarded with man of the match awards. Virat has now 7 men of the match awards in world cups which is the highest by any player.
- Most runs by an Indian in Australia – Virat Kohli loves Australia. He has said many times that Australia is no more an away place for him. Virat is the highest run scorer among Indian players in Australia. Virat has scored 3350 runs so far in Australia in combining all formats.