Former New Zealand captain and one of the most destructive batsmen in cricket’s history, Brendon McCullum turned 41 on 27th September 2022. McCullum is the head coach of England’s test team and he is enjoying the second phase of his career. in this article we will see some of the unique records held by Brendon McCullum.
Brendon McCullum Records
- McCullum was the first New Zealand player to smash a century in the shortest format of the game. he scored the first T20I hundred for Blackcaps.
- McCullum is also the only New Zealand player to score a century in the T20 world cup.
- One of the records which define McCullum is the highest number of sixes in test cricket which is 107 by Brendon McCullum.
- Coming to tests, McCullum also holds the record for the fastest century in test cricket. McCullum made 100 of just 54 balls in test cricket which is still the fastest.
- One inning which completely changed McCullum’s life was a century in the opening game of the inaugural season of the IPL in 2007. Which also makes McCullum the first centurion in IPL.
- McCullum holds the record of playing the most consecutive test matches for Kiwis, which is 101.
- IPL’s highest individual score is 175 by Chris Gayle and the second highest is by Brendon McCullum 158*.
- McCullum also has joint most double centuries for New Zealand in test cricket. McCullum has 4 double hundreds in the longest format of the game.
- McCullum played test cricket in his way and that’s why he has many unique records in this format and one of them is having a triple century in test cricket.