Sachin Tendulkar was best test batsmen in his era and Steve Smith is best test batsmen of modern era. Sachin and Smith both are legendary batsmen. In this article, we will talk about tests only. We will see a head-to-head stats comparison between Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Smith after 100 test matches.
Sachin Tendulkar Vs Steve Smith In Test
- Matches – Steve Smith has played 100 test matches in his career so far. Sachin played more than 100 but for now, we will consider his records of 100 tests.
- Innings – when it comes to innings Sachin batted in 160 innings out of the first 100 tests of his career while Smith batted in 177 innings in his first 100 tests.
- Runs – when it comes to runs, Smith is ahead of Sachin as Smith made 9137 runs so far while Sachin made 8405 runs in his first 100 tests.
- Average – in average both Smith and Sachin are above 50. Smith averages 58.94 while Sachin is a little short at 57.96.
- Highest score – Sachin’s highest score in his first 100 tests was 217 whereas Smith’s highest score in his first 100 tests of his career is 239.
- Centuries – Sachin made a total of 51 centuries in his test career but till his first 100 tests he only made 30. Smith has already made 32 test hundreds which makes him ahead of Sachin on our comparison.
- Half centuries – Sachin was 2 centuries behind Smith in the first 100 tests. In half-centuries also Sachin is 3 half centuries behind Smith as Sachin made 34 half-centuries in his first 100 tests but in return, Smith made 37 half-centuries in his 100 tests career so far.