Sports Desk- Motera, the world’s largest cricket stadium, is ready. Sardar Patel Stadium, located in Motera, Ahmedabad, is the largest cricket ground in the world. It has a seating capacity of 1 lakh 10 thousand people. It was earlier reported that the visiting US President Donald Trump will be inaugurating the stadium next week. However, if the latest developments are to be believed, Trump will not be doing the honors.
Special features of the stadium
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium has been completed in 63 acres of land at a cost of about Rs 750 crore.
- The renovation of this stadium has taken more than four years.
- This stadium with a capacity of one hundred and ten thousand spectators is said to be bigger than the biggest Melbourne Cricket Ground ever.
- There are 11 types of pitches for cricket in this stadium.
- A modern system has been put under this ground to drain rainwater, with the help of which the field can be rebuilt in just half an hour after the rain.
- About three thousand cars and more than ten thousand two-wheelers can be parked in the stadium.