Virat Kohli has completed 14 years of his career. it was a long journey for him as that young boy from the Under 19 team is now one of the best in the game. in this article, we will draw a fun stat comparison between Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli in the first 14 years of their career. Sachin started playing for team India at a very early age and it will be fun to watch who is ahead in which stat.
- Matches played – in terms of matches played Virat is ahead of Sachin because Sachin did not play the T20 format much. Virat has played 463, matches and Sachin played 427 matches in the first 14 years of his career.
- Innings – matches played are not equal to innings because innings are counted when the batsmen have batted in that match. Virat has played in 517 innings whereas Sachin played in 484 innings in the first 14 years of his career.
- Runs – Virat has scored 23726 runs so far whereas Sachin scored 21522 runs in the first 14 years.
- Average – in terms of average Virat is ahead of Sachin because he has an average of 53.55 and Sachin had an average of 49.24 in the first 14 years.
- Half centuries – Virat has scored 122 half centuries whereas Sachin scored 100 in the first 14 years.
- Centuries – both Virat and Sachin have scored many centuries in their careers but in the first 14 years, Virat is ahead of Sachin as he has scored 70 and Sachin scored 67.
- Double Centuries – both have scored an equal number of double centuries in the first 14 years that is 7 double hundreds.
- Highest score – in the first 14 years Sachin had highest score of 217 whereas Virat has highest score of 254* so far.