Sports Desk – We all know about him and about his legacy of cricket. When he land on the ground, he can make any bowler sweating from top to bottom. Yes, we are going to know about – Virat Kohli in this short story.
Virat Kohli was born on 5 November, 1988 in Delhi, India. He is known for his batting skills and shot techniques and is widely regarded as the best batsman in the world. He is also a part time right-arm medium pace bowler and can do good bowling on the pitch as well.
Virat Kohli completed 12 years in international cricket, Trend #12YearsOfViratKohli
He used to play cricket in his childhood and because of his ability to perform well in matches, his parents – Prem Kohli (father) and Saroj Kohli (mother) enrolled him in West Delhi Cricket Academy when he was 9 year old. After that, he represented his domestic team at various age groups and showed his talent in the matches he used to play.
After years of hard work, he was selected for the Indian Cricket Team where he marked his value as a middle order batsman. He is now the captain of Indian Cricket Team and represent as the most consistent and best batsman in the team. An interesting fact to know about him is that when he was a kid, he supposed to show the bat to his father and ask him to bowl.
- In 2002, he was made the captain of Under-15 cricket team.
- He was selected in the Delhi Under-17 team for the 2003–04 Vijay Merchant Trophy.
- His good batting performance was the reason of his selection in India Under-19 cricket team for 2009 England
- His father died when he was 18 but he made his father proud on him afterwards.
- He led his team to win the 2008 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2008.
- In 2008, He was selected for the Indian ODI squad for tour of Sri Lanka and made India proud throughout the series.
- In 2009 ICC Champions Trophy, he received his first Man of the Match award against West Indies.
- Due to his consistency, he made room in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. There also, he helped India to win the CWC.
- He made his Test debut at Kingston in the first match of the India tour of West Indies test series.
- Kohli was appointed the vice-captain for the 2012 Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
- His brilliant batting led the Indian team to the semi-finals of the 2016 ICC T20 Cricket World Cup.
He is called – Cheeku by his teammates, especially by Mahendra Singh Dhoni. In 2018, he married the Indian Bollywood star – Anushka Sharma. He is also the brand ambassador and stakeholder of Sport Convo.
Virat Kohli is one of the best batsman in the world and in the upcoming years, he is going to mark his own batting techniques on the pitch. And if he performed well throughout his career, he is going to be the one of the greatest batsman of his generation.
This was a short life description about him. You will read about Kevin Peterson in the nest story.