Border-Gavaskar Trophy has begun and India has won the first match. Both modern-day legends, Virat Kohli and Steve Smith failed to deliver in the first match of the series. Steve Smith was looking quite good but he could not able to convert it into big scores. In this article, we will see, a statistical comparison between Virat Kohli and Steve Smith in BGT.
- Matches – Virat has played more BGT matches than Steve Smith. There was a time when they both were captains of their respective teams. Virat played in 20 matches and Smith played in 14 matches.
- Innings – Virat batted in 36 innings out of 20 matches in BGT while Smith played in 28 innings in 14 BGT matches.
- Runs – despite playing less number of games, Smith scored 1742 runs in BGT while Virat scored in 1682 runs in BGT.
- Average – talking about average we all know Smith has the best test average of this generation and he also maintained that against India. He has an average of 72.58 against India while Virat has an average of 52.49 in BGT against Australia.
- Strike Rate – we all know Strike Rate is not an important stat in test cricket but Smith has a strike rate of 55.07 and Virat has a strike rate of 52.49.
- Half Centuries – Both Virat and Smith have an equal number of half-centuries in BGT. They have 5 half-centuries each.
- Centuries – Virat has 7 BGT centuries while Smith is again ahead of him because he has 8 centuries against India in BGT.
- Highest score – it’s again the best test batsman of our generation, Steve Smith who has a better highest score in BGT than Virat. Smith has the highest score of 192 while Virat has 169.