- 4 thousand tickets selected through the ballot process to join the program
- World Cup matches will start from May 30, first match will be played between England and South Africa
Sports Desk – ICC One Day World Cup matches will start from May 30, but the Opening Ceremony has been held in London from 9:30 pm according to Indian Standard Time. The program, which is to be held in London Mall, is located near Buckingham Palace. Queen Elizabeth along with the Royal Family will be present in this program. The program is expected to include 4000 supporters. The selection of these supporters has done through the ballot process.
The Telecast of this program will be on Star Sports Network in India
- 10 teams, along with England, will participate in this Tournament. First match will be played between England and South Africa on May 30.
- Live Telecast of this program will be on Star Sports Network. Live streaming of this will also be on Hotstar. India’s first match is against South Africa. Team India has lifted the trophy earlier in 1983 and 2011.
- One former cricketer and an iconic celebrity from each team will also be present at this ceremony. From India, Kapil dev is expected to be seen there.
The fans are readying themselves for the start of the #CWC19 Opening Party! pic.twitter.com/cQ8gOYAYXb
— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) May 29, 2019
- Opening Ceremony is being done a day before the World Cup, because all the cricketers from 10 teams are must to be present at this program. After the program, all the teams will arrive for the place where their matches are to be played.
- This time, the format of tournament is Round Robin and Knockout. In the history of the World Cup, this is second time that any tournament will be played in this format. Before this, the 1992 World Cup was played in this format.