These are some of the greatest French players ever played in La Liga
France has always been a nation with many young potentials in every sports field. In football, the recent example is Kylian Mbappe.
Zinedine Zidane, who is considered as the greatest French footballer, is also a part of La Liga’s decorated history.
5 best French players in La Liga History
1. Zinedine Zidane: Zidane has been the French player who has left the biggest impression in La Liga, even though he only won it once as a player. He is the main reason why Real Madrid was known as the ‘Galacticos’ during his era.
2. Antoine Griezmann: Griezmann became the most desired player from his institution alongside Mexican striker Carlos Vela in Real Sociedad. Diego Simeone decided to make a move for the Frenchman and brought him to Atletico Madrid.
3. Karim Benzema: Benzema is one of the French players who has met the most success during his career at Real Madrid. He has won three La Liga trophies with Los Blancos and a total of four Champions League titles.
4. Thierry Henry: Henry had a short but very successful spell at FC Barcelona. was part of the squad that won the very first Treble in the club’s career and also six out of six trophies in the year 2009. The Frenchman is considered one of the most talented French players to ever play the Spanish competition.
5. Raphael Varane: Varane made his debut for Real Madrid under manager Jose Mourinho in 2011. He is one of the best defenders in football history by the time he decides to hang up his boots.