Sports Desk- Samuel Eto’o is regarded as one of the greatest African Players and is known as one of the best strikers in the world.
- Samuel Eto’o Fils, simply known as Samuel Eto’o is a former African striker born on March 10, 1981 in Nkon, Cameroon to his parents Christine Eto’o (Mother) and David Eto’o (Father).
- He belongs to a middle-class family.
- He joined the Kajdi Sports Academy in Douala, Cameroon.
- He used to play for the club UCB Douala.
- In 1997, when he was 16, Real Madrid signed him.
- He came into lame light after he played 2000 African Cup of Nations where he showed his extraordinary skills and talent.
- Later, he was signed by the Spanish club Real Mallorca for $6.3 million which was the highest paid amount for any player at that time.
- He became club’s all-time top scorer.
- In 2004, La Liga giants FC Barcelona signed him.
- He won his third consecutive African Player of the Year Award in 2005.
- In 2008, he became all-time top scorer in the history of African Cup of Nations.
- He helped Barcelona to win UEFA Champions League in 2006.
- In 2010, Italian giants Inter Milan signed him.
- He helped them to win 2010 UCL.
- In 2010-11 season, he became the leading scorer in Serie A.
- In 2011, he was transferred to Russian team Anzhi Makhachkala.
- In 2013, he arrived for the English giants Chelsea where he won the hearts of Chelsea supports.
- He moved to Everton before joining the Italian side.
- In 2015, the Serie A club Sampdoria signed him.
- He joined the Turkish club Antalyaspor in 2016 and Super Lig club Konalyaspor in 2018.
- In 2019, he ended by adding up in Qatar Sc’s squad.
- In 2010, he won his fourth African Player of the Year title.
- In 2014, Eto’o retired from International competition.
- He married his love Georgette Eto’o.
- He had five children, four daughters Lynn Eto’o, Annie Eto’o, Siena Eto’o, and Maelle Eto’o and a son Etienne Eto’o.