Here are the most expensive transfer per season since 2012/13 season
Which player became the most expensive signing in 2016/17 season? We gathered some information from Transfermarkt for some of the best players in the world, that is, their all time market value stats.
This article will tell you about the most expensive transfer made per season since 2012/13 season.
Most Expensive Transfer
- 12/13 – Thiago Silva (€42m)
- 13/14 – Gareth Bale (€101m)
- 14/15 – Luis Suarez (€81.7m)
- 15/16 – Kevin De Bruyne (€76m)
- 16/17 – Paul Pogba (€105m)
- 17/18 – Neymar (€222m)
- 18/19 – Kylian Mbappe (€145m)
- 19/20 – Joao Felix (127.2m)
- 20/21 – Kai Havertz (€80m)
- 21/22 – Jack Grealish (€117.5m)
In 2012, Thiago Silva moved from AC Milan to PSG for a transfer fee of €42 million. He spent seven seasons for the French club and signed Chelsea in 2019/20 season. He is inarguably one of the greatest defenders in football history.
Gareth Bale left Tottenham in 2013 and joined Real Madrid for a fee of €101 million which is the highest transfer fee for any right-winger in history. He has to be considered a neutral signing as he has neither been good nor bad for the Spanish club since his arrival.
However, Bale will leave Real Madrid as a legend because he has won them a number of titles including the most prestigious UEFA Champions League for three times in a row (2016, 2017, 2018).
Most expensive transfers in football history:
- Neymar (Barcelona to PSG) – €222M
- Kylian Mbappe (Monaco to PSG) – €145M
- Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool to Barcelona) – €145M
- Ousmane Dembele (BVB to Barcelona) – €135M
- Joao Felix (Benfica to Atletico Madrid) – €127M
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid to Barcelona) – €120M
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid to Juventus) – €117M
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea to Real Madrid) – €115M
- Paul Pogba (Juventus to Manchester United) – €105M
- Gareth Bale (Tottenham to Real Madrid) – €101M
Neymar’s transfer to PSG in 2017 is still the most expensive signing in football history. However, he still hasn’t won them the UCL for which PSG brought him for an exaggerating amount of €222 million.
Kylian Mbappe and Philipe Coutinho are the second and third most expensive players respectively after the Brazilian.