Here are some of the greatest Liverpool players of all time
Liverpool is one of the best Premier League clubs for now and forever. Throughout its rich history, it has managed to collect 18 league titles, five European Cups and seven FA Cups. The world’s most talented footballer has proved his mettle by playing for this club.
Here’s my list of the top 10 Liverpool players of all time.
Top 10 greatest Liverpool players of all time:
- Kenny Dalglish – Kenny arrived at Liverpool in the summer of 1977 after the club had won their first European Cup. He scored 171 goals in 514 other appearances for the club.
- Steven Gerrard – Gerrard played over 700 games for the club. He is the only one to feature in the club’s top-five list of appearance makers as well as goal-scorers.
- John Barnes – Barnes won only two leagues during his time at Anfield. The Jamaican scored 107 goals in 408 appearances for the club in all competitions.
- Alan Hansen – In 1978-79 season, Hansen played a key role in the centre of Liverpool’s defence as the club conceded a miserly 16 goals in a 42-game season. With Liverpool, he won the treble in 1983-84 and the double two seasons later.
- Ian Rush – With 346 goals in 660 games in all competitions, Ian is Liverpool’s all-time top-scorer. Welshman’s 47 goals in 1983-84 propelled the Anfield club to a treble of league, league cup and European cup.
- billy liddell – Liddell won his first league title with the Anfield club in 1947. He was one of the single biggest reasons for Liverpool to stay afloat in the second division and not slip to the third.
- Graeme Souness – In 1978, Souness won the first of six European Cup titles with Liverpool. As the Liverpool captain, Souness lifted the treble of league, league cup and European Cup in 1983-84.
- Kevin Keegan – Keegan scored 100 goals and provided 56 assists in over 300 games in all competitions. With him, Liverpool won three English league titles, two UEFA Cups, one European Cup and one FA Cup title.
- Phil Neal – Neal won 22 trophies for the club during a glorious 11-year stint at Anfield. His tally included as many as eight league titles and four in the European Cup.
- Jamie Carragher – Carragher has played the most Premier League games (508) than any Liverpool player. He won 11 domestic and continental honours with Liverpool – a tally that includes two FA Cup and one Champions League title.