These are the top 10 greatest wingers in Premier League history
Premier League is undoubtedly the toughest league in European football. It has had a handful of talented players at various clubs but in all the top players, the wingers have had a special role on the pitch.
In recent years the role of a winger has changed a lot and he is equally important as a striker. So here are those top 10 greatest Premier League winger in history.
Greatest Wingers In Premier League
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Ronaldo is undoubtedly the best winger to ever play in the Premier League. The Portuguese ace did wonders in Manchester and went on to become the GOAT of football.
- Eden Hazard – Hazard was also a world-class player for Chelsea. He won several titles with the Blues and scored a total of 85 goals in his career there.
- Mohamed Salah – Salah has shown why he is one of the best players in Premier League history. His form may not be in 2020/21 season but his goal against Norwich in the first match of 2021/22 season has stated his class.
- Sadio Mane – Sadio Mane and Mo Salah have been working as a unit to win big for Liverpool. Mane has played in his top games for the Reds, winning them the UCL and Premier League titles back-to-back.
- David Beckham – Beckham was the best winger at Manchesyer United in his time. He is still idols to the young talents at Old Trafford. His freekick technique was on a different level.
- Ryan Giggs – Giggs and Beckham had an incredible bond between their mindsets. Ryan is the eighth all-time top scorer for United with 168 goals, Wayne Rooney is still the first.
- Gareth Bale – Bale was a pure phenomena at Tottenham Hotspur as a youngster. He was later signed by Real Madrid because of his impression on the La Liga giants.
- Alexis Sanchez – Sanchez was in his prime during his time at Arsenal. He was able to net 80 goals in his name during his time at Arsenal.
- Raheem Sterling – Sterling is another player who has been good but not great. He has found the net many times for Manchester City, but he still has a lot more to go before he reaches the next level.
- Nani – Nani appeared in a total of 230 games for Manchester United. However, he could only find the net 40 times and only 25 of them were PL goals.
Also Read: Premier League all-time points table