Here are the top 10 highest scoring goalkeepers in football history
Goalkeepers are not meant to score goals but to defend them whenever the opponent teams attack. However, there are some goalies who have scored real goals in their career.
In fact there are two goalkeepers in history who have found the net two times in their career.
This article will tell you about the top 10 highest scoring goalkeepers in football history. Can you guess where Rene Higuita has been placed on this list?
Highest Scoring Goalkeepers
- Rogerio Ceni – The Sao Paulo legend scored exaggerating 131 goals in his entire career. An interesting fact about him is that he scored 47 goals between 2005 and 2007.
- Jose Luis Chilavert – The Paraguayan goalkeeper scored 67 goals in his career. He is the only goalie to have scored a hattrick in football history.
- Dimitar Ivankov – The Bulgarian legend scored 42 goals in his career. He was one of the most consistent goalscoring goalkeeper in football history.
- Rene Higuita – The Colombian goalkeeper scored 41 goals in his career. He is famous for his ‘scorpion kick’ clearance against England in 1995.
- Johnny Vegas Fernandez – The Peruvian legend scored 39 goals in his career. He was a specialist from the penalty spot.
- Marcio – The Brazilian goalkeeper scored 34 goals in his career. He had a hit-rate of a goal every 13 games for the club.
- Hans-Jorg Butt – The German legend scored 32 goals in his career. He was one of the most consistent goalscoring goalkeeper in football history.
- Misael Alfaro – Alfaro scored 31 goals in his career. The South American was a penalty expert but his career was destroyed by a serious neck injury.
- Dragan Pantelic – The Yugoslavia goalkeeper scored 26 goals in his career. He is the only goalkeeper to score a brace in international goals.
- Fernando Patterson – The Costa Rican legend scored 26 goals in his career.
Also Read: Top 10 greatest Atletico Madrid players of all time