Here are all the UEFA Champions League semi-final records
UEFA Champions League is the most famous and have always been the most awaited league in the world. There are many footballing records that are made every year but having a record to your name in UCL hits different.
This article will tell you about all the records made in the history of UEFA Champions League semi-finals.
- Most semi-final appearances – Real Madrid (15)
- Most semi-final goals – Cristiano Ronaldo (13)
- Biggest semi-final win – Bayern Munich and Liverpool won their games 4-0 against Barcelona and Real Madrid won a game 0-4 against Bayern.
- Semi-final most goals – Real Madrid and Bayern Munich(36)
- Most consecutive semi-finals – Real Madrid (8)
- Most semi-final appearances by a player – Cristiano Ronaldo (21)
With a total of 15 games, Real Madrid holds the record for most semi-final appearances in UEFA Champions League history. And as the list says, their iconic player Cristiano Ronaldo has scored most goals in semi-finals.
In April 2013, Bayern Munich defeated Barcelona 4-0 to set a new record of biggest semi-final win in UCL history. They got the taste of their own record when they were defeated by Real Madrid in April 2014.
At last, in May 2019, we witnessed one of the greatest comebacks in UCL history. Liverpool defeated Barcelona 4-0 in the second leg of the semi-final to have an aggregate score of 4-3.
Let’s take a look at some one of the records made in UCL.
Most Goals Scored In Single UCL Season
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 11 goals (2015/16)
- Lionel Messi – 10 goals (2016/17)
- Robert Lewandowski – 10 goals (2019/20)
- Sebastien Haller – 10 goals (2021/22)
- Van Nistelrooy – 10 goals (2002/03)
- Robert Lewandowski – 9 goals (2021/22)
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 9 goals (2013/14)
- Adriano – 9 goals (2014/15)
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 9 goals (2017/18)
- Hernán Crespo – 9 goals (2002/03)
Most Successful Coaches In UCL
- Sir Alex Ferguson – 205 games 381 points
- Carlo Ancelotti – 176 games 333 points
- Arsene Wenger – 194 games 315 points
- Pep Guardiola – 145 games 305 points
- Jose Mourinho – 151 games 276 points
- Louis Van Gaal – 95 games 187 points
- Rafael Benítez – 95 games 182 points
- Ottmar Hitzfeld – 97 games 172 points
- Jurgen Klopp – 90 games 165 points
- Fabio Capello – 86 games 159 points
Manchester City defeated Real Madrid 4-3 in the first leg of the semi-final. The next leg will be played at Santiago Bernabeu which is the home ground of the Spanish giants.
City coach Pep Guardiola praised Real Madrid and their manager Carlo Ancelotti after having an amazing night with them. The game was indeed one of the best matches you would ever see.
“Congratulations to (Real coach) Carlo (Ancelotti) and his team as they are so good. At the same time, we saw ourselves that we can be at their level.”