Here are those records made/broken in UEFA Euro 2020
Italy became the champions of Europe by defeating England in the final of UEFA Euro 2020.
There are some records which were made/broken in this Euro campaign. Let’s take a close look to those records:
- Top Scorer in Euro history – Cristiano Ronaldo broke Michel Platini’s record of 9 goals and has scored overall 13 goals in European championship history.
- First direct free-kick since 2000 – After Zinedine Zidane’s set piece in 2000 Euros, Mikkel Damsgaard scored a direct free-kick goal against England to break the 21 years of silence.
- International top scorer – Cristiano Ronaldo equaled Ali Daei’s record of 109 international goals.
- Goalkeeper as Player of The Tournament – Gianluigi Donnarumma became the first goalkeeper to win the ‘Player of The Tournament’ award in Euro history.
- Top Scorer/Golden Boot – Cristiano Ronaldo (5 goals and 1 assist)
- Player of The Tournament – Gianluigi Donnarumma
- Golden Glove – Jordan Pickford
- Young Player of the Tournament – Pedri
- Most Goals Scored – Italy (13 goals) in 7 matches and Spain (13 goals) in 6 matches
- Least Goals Scored – Finland, Turkey and Scotland (1 goal) in 3 matches
- Least goals conceded – England (2 goals in 7 matches)
- Most goals conceded – Ukraine (10 goals in 5 matches)