Last year when India announced their squad there were controversies about the selection and this year also controversies are emerging amid the T20 world cup. India changed 6 players in their squad from the last T20 world cup. They are all almost like for like changes and in this article, we will see who are those 6 players and who are those 6 who replaced them.
- First and most major change in the squad is Yuzvendra Chahal. Last year Chahal was not included in the squad. It was Varun Chakravarty who was given the chance but he could not deliver what was expected from him.
- Second change is Mohammad Shami who was part of the team last year in Dubai but he is now on standby players for the T20 world cup. Harshal Patel is selected in 15 and there are very high expectations from him.
- Third change is for Arshdeep Singh in place of Shardul Thakur. Thakur was a kind of waste last year. He was benched in important games but this time it is young Arshdeep who can be used in a better way.
- Fourth is a kind of forced change but it was necessary as well. Ravindra Jadeja was ruled out from the T20 world cup and in place of him, Axar Patel is included in the squad. They both are left-handed all-rounders.
- Fifth change is of the second wicketkeeper. Last year it was Ishan Kishan who was named in the squad as the second wicketkeeper but this time it is experienced batter Dinesh Karthik who is part of the squad.
- last change is not a like-for-like change but it is a change that will increase India’s batting depth. Last year Rahul Chahar was part of the squad but this time he got replaced by Deepak Hooda.