Virat Kohli is a modern-day legend in cricket. He has dominated every format of the game at some point in his career so far but the format that defined him and the one which gave him his true identity is ODI cricket. In this article, we will tell you all the great achievements of Virat Kohli in ODI cricket.
Great achievements of Virat Kohli in ODI cricket
- The biggest achievement of Virat Kohli in ODI cricket was the 2011 World Cup. Keeping all the personal milestones aside, joy and happiness in winning a World Cup is different he was very young by that time but gave his best for his team to lift the trophy at Wankhede.
- Another ICC trophy in ODI format came in 2013 for Virat Kohli. He was a champion trophy winner under the captaincy of MS Dhoni. He was also a Champions Trophy winner in 2013.
- The biggest personal achievement for Virat Kohli in ODI cricket came in 2019 when ICC gave him ICC ODI Player of the Decade which tells how he dominated the format and what it means to his career.
- In the 2023 home World Cup he was highest highest-ever run scorer in the history of World Cups. He made 765 runs in one single edition of the World Cup.
- He now holds the record for most centuries by a player in the ODI format. He has now 50 ODI centuries which is itself an unbelievable thing. Virat made his 50th century Inna semifinal match against New Zealand.
- Virat was named player of the tournament in the 2023 World Cup for his outstanding display of batting throughout the World Cup. Virat was brilliant in the 2023 World Cup as a batter.