James Anderson is currently ranked the No.2 bowler in test format. Anderson is the definition of patience, longevity, and dedication. Anderson is a modern-day great and he will be considered as one of the best test bowlers to ever play the game. In this article, we will see a stats and bowling records comparison of James Anderson before and after 30 as he is in a league of his own.
- Matches – in the early days of his career, Anderson was not a regular bowler. Before 30 Anderson played 71 games and after 30, he played 107 games.
- Wickets – before 30 Anderson took 268 wickets and after 30 Anderson has taken 414 wickets so far. He is aging like a fine wine and he is still England’s crucial wicket-taker in tests.
- Average – Anderson’s every stat improved after he turned 30. His average was 30.37 which is now 23.07.
- Strike Rate – Anderson’s strike rate has not changed much. His strike rate before 30 was 57.9 and after 30 his strike rate is 54.4.
- 5 wicket hauls – before 30 years of age, Anderson took 12 five-wicket hauls and after 30 he has 20 so far.
- 10 wicket hauls – when it comes to 10 wicket hauls, Anderson took only 1 before 30 and he took 2 after turning 30.
- Best bowling figure in an inning – before 30 Anderson’s best bowling figure in an inning was of 7/43 but after 30 he has the best bowling figure in an inning of 7/42.
- Best bowling figure in a match – before 30 Anderson’s best bowling figure of a match was 11/71 and after 30 Anderson’s best bowling figure in a match was of 10/45.
Also Read: Batsmen Dismissed Most Times By James Anderson