Indian team has announced their T20I squad and both Harshal Patel and Arshdeep Singh are the main 15 members squad. After the Asia Cup 2022, India’s biggest problem was death bowling which was expected to be better after Harshal Patel and Bumrah’s inclusion in the team but in the first T20I against Australia it turned out to be wrong. In this article, we will see a head-to-head stats comparison between two current death bowlers of India Arshdeep Singh and Harshal Patel.
- Matches – in terms of matches played, Harshal Patel has played 18 T20I internationals for India and Arshdeep has played 11 so far.
- Wickets – most important stat of a bowler is wickets and in terms of wickets, Harshal is ahead of Arshdeep because Harshal got 23 and Arshdeep has 14 so far.
- Economy – when it comes to the economy which is important in this perspective because both are death bowlers and India will use them in death overs. Arshdeep has a better economy than Harshal as Arshdeep has an economy of 7.39 and Harshal has 8.83.
- Average – in average also Arshdeep is ahead of Harshal as Arshdeep has an average of 20.14 and Harshal’s average in T20Is is 23.09.
- Best bowling – Harshal Patel’s best bowling figure is 4/25 in T20is and Arshdeep’s best bowling figure is 3/12 in T20Is.
both are different bowlers and they both bring different things to the team. Harshal is a wicket-taker and his biggest strength is to vary his pace. Whereas Arshdeep is a left-arm bowler who always looks to bowl with pace and accuracy. Both are decent death bowlers but the recent death overs threat has created problems for India and they must decide with whom they will go in the playing 11.