ICC world cup 2023 will be played in India from 5th October 2023. The 2023 Cricket World Cup will be in ODI format. It will be a mega event that will take place in 10 cities across the country. Fixtures of the world cup are announced. There will be 46 matches in CWC 2023. In this article, we will see some rules for the ICC world cup 2023.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Rules and Regulations
- ICC men’s 2023 cricket world cup will be played in a round-robin format. There will be no division of groups among teams. Round Robin format means every team will play against each other in the league stage of the tournament.
- There will be three knock-out matches, two semi-finals in Kolkata and Mumbai, and one final in Ahmedabad. Only four teams will reach knockouts according to their league-stage wins and run rates.
- There will be 10 teams participating in the 2023 world cup. 8 are already qualified. India, Pakistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Afghanistan, South Africa, and Bangladesh. Two more teams will join them after the world cup qualifiers.
- World Cup qualifiers are in the Super 6 stage, in each group there are three teams and only one will get a chance to play in India in the world cup from each group.
- As the world cup is in ODI format, all the rules and regulations of the ODI format will be applicable in all the matches of the tournament.
The 2023 ODI world cup in India will be huge, BCCI and ICC will try their best to increase the craze of the ODI format among fans through this mega event. In the past few years with an increase in the popularity of the T20 format, the ODI format has become the least-watched format of the game but a world cup in India can be a game changer for this format. We will update you if any new rule is added to the world cup.