One of the best rivalries in cricket is between India and Pakistan and this Sunday stage is set for the most anticipated match in Asia Cup. India and Pakistan both created history when they reached the finals of the ICC T20 world cup in 2007 and since then both nations have played T20 cricket very occasionally. In this article, we will see some important stats between India and Pakistan in T20Is before the big match on Sunday.
IND vs PAK head-to-head stats
- Matches played – India and Pakistan have played 9 T20I matches against each other. Both countries only play against each other in ICC tournaments.
- Matches won – out of 9 T20 matches, India won 6 and Pakistan won 2, and 1 was a tie/draw. Out of 9 matches, 6 were from world cups in which India won 4 and Pakistan 1.
- Highest total – the highest total in the India-Pakistan T20 match was 192/5 which was made by India against Pakistan in Ahmedabad in 2012.
- Lowest total – the lowest total in the India-Pakistan T20 match was made by Pakistan in the 2016 Asia Cup in Bangladesh. Pakistan made only 83 in the group stage match of the tournament.
- Highest individual score – highest individual score in the India-Pakistan T20 match was made by Mohammad Rizwan of Pakistan in the 2021 T20 world cup. Rizwan scored 79* against India.
- Best bowling figure – best bowling figures were registered by former Pakistani fast bowler Mohammad Asif in the 2007 T20 world cup where he took 4 wickets and gave only 18 runs in his spell against India.
- Most runs – former Indian captain, Virat Kohli has scored the most runs in India-Pakistan T20Is. He has 311 runs in only 7 innings at an average of 77.75.
- Most wickets – former Pakistani fast bowler, Umar Gul has a record of the highest number of wickets in India-Pakistan T20Is. Gul has 11 wickets against India in T20Is.