Punjab Kings (PBKS) came with the biggest purse in the auction and not gonna lie this time they utilized their money and invested in some best players of the format. Punjab retained only 2 players before the auction and they bought 23 players from the auction. In this article, we will see the best possible playing 11 of Punjab Kings.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Indian left-handed opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan will now play for Punjab Kings. Dhawan has incredible records in IPL. He was in the top 5 list of players with the highest runs in seasons of IPL in the previous two seasons. He has scored 5784 runs in 192 IPL matches.
- Mayank Agarwal (captain) – Punjab’s new captain will be Mayank Agarwal and he will also give company to Dhawan in the opening. This left-hand and right-hand combination will be perfect for Punjab. In the previous two seasons, Mayank has done very well for Punjab. He also played some of the memorable knocks in IPL’s history. He has scored 2131 runs in 100 IPL matches.
- Jonny Bairstow (wicket-keeper) – England’s explosive batsmen Jonny Bairstow will play for Punjab Kings. Earlier he was with Sunrisers Hyderabad where he entertained everybody with his explosive batting. He will also play as a wicketkeeper. He has scored 1038 runs in 28 matches in IPL.
- Liam Livingston – Punjab bought England’s all-rounder Liam Livingston in 11.25 crore rupees. Liam Livingston played for Rajasthan Royals in the previous season but he was not very effective there Punjab bought him for his powerful hitting and ability to smash some maximums. He is a perfect T20 entertainer.
- Shahrukh Khan – one of the most expensive uncapped players sold in the mega auction was Shah Rukh Khan. He was bought again by Punjab Kings in 9 Crores this time. Shahrukh has impressed everybody with his batting in domestic cricket and I will be excited to see him batting in the middle order for Punjab.
- Raj Bawa – we all have heard the name of Raj Bawa now. He was the star of India in the finals of the Under-19 world cup. Bawa is a fast-bowling all-rounder. Who can provide stability to the middle order of Punjab Kings? He will be a very useful player for Punjab.
- Odean Smith – West Indies right-arm fast bowler Odean Smith was a big buy for Punjab Kings. He is capable of power hitting and we all have seen him doing this in a series against India. He can also bowl fast as he’s got pace in his bowling. For No.7 he can finish the things for Punjab.
- Harpreet Brar – we all can recall that brilliant spell by Harpreet Brar where he got the wicket of Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and AB De Villiers last year. Harpreet bar is a tall right-arm spinner who can also bat. Punjab bought him back in the mega auction.
- Rahul Chahar – Rahul Chahar will be the only perfect spinner who will play in Punjab’s playing 11. Punjab got the replacement of Ravi Bishnoi and Rahul Chahar is a perfect choice as he has done some fantastic work in IPL with his bowling in the past few seasons. He has 43 wickets in 42 matches in IPL.
- Kagiso Rabada – one of the best limited-overs bowlers Kagiso Rabada will now play for Punjab Kings. Punjab Kings bought him 9.25 crore rupees. They were very focused on him as he is a special one. He is a perfect death-over bowler who can bowl Yorkers as well as slower ones and he is also a great wicket-taker who can bowl in any situation. He has 76 wickets in 50 matches in IPL.
- Arshdeep Singh – Indian left-arm fast bowler Arshdeep Singh was one of the two players who was retained by Punjab Kings and the reason was his performance last year. He was very good with the bowl. He got many variations in his bowling. He can swing the bowl, Yorkers, slower ones, etc. He has 30 wickets in 23 matches in IPL.
Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh, Kagiso Rabada, Shikhar Dhawan, Jonny Bairstow, Rahul Chahar, Shahrukh Khan, Harpreet Brar, Prabhsimran Singh, Jitesh Sharma, Ishan Porel, Liam Livingstone, Odean Smith, Sandeep Sharma, Raj Ankad Bawa, Rishi Dhawan, Prerak Mankad, Atharva Taide, Vaibhav Arora, Writtick Chatterjee, Ansh Patel, Baltej Dhanda, Nathan Ellis, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, and Benny Howell.