Team with the highest fan base Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has made quite a decent squad in the mega auction of IPL 2022. They made 22 players squad for IPL 2022 in which they retained 3 players before the auction and buy 19 players in the auction. In this article, we will see the best possible playing 11 of Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Faf du Plessis (captain) – RCB’s most famous buy from the auction 2022 was South African batsmen Faf du Plessis who is a world-class batsman who will also lead RCB in 2022 IPL. Faf has a lot of experience to play in the IPL. He has played 100 IPL matches and scored 2935 runs in IPL.
- Virat Kohli – Bangalore’s heart and soul Virat Kohli will assist Faf at the opening. Virat is opening for RCB in recent times and his records are also amazing. Virat has played 207 IPL matches and scored 6283 runs. Virat will not be the captain but his fans are waiting for that prime Kohli to take the charge.
- Mahipal Lomror – at No.3 we got a very interesting choice Mahipal Lomror who is a middle-order batsman but can be a choice for No.3. he is capable of playing big shorts and he is a great fielder too. He played for Rajasthan Royals in previous seasons but did not get many chances.
- Glenn Maxwell – at 4 we got the most dangerous T20 batsman at the moment, Glenn Maxwell. RCB bought him in 2021 and now they retained him for 2022. Maxwell was in very good form last year for RCB. He has shown his patience and power-hitting both at the same time. In 97 matches of IPL, he has 22 wickets and 2018 runs.
- Dinesh Karthik (wicket-keeper) – RCB worked on their middle order and they buy experienced middle-order batsman Dinesh Karthik to do the job. Karthik will also be the wicketkeeper of this playing 11. He has scored 4046 runs in 213 IPL matches.
- Wanindu Hasaranga – Sri Lanka’s rising star Wanindu Hasaranga was one of the most expensive buys of RCB in this auction. Wanindu Hasaranga is currently the No 1 ICC ranked T20I bowler. He can also bat. He is a perfect all-rounder. He was added in mid-way in RCB in the 2021 season.
- Shahbaz Ahmed – Shahbaz Ahmed is also one of those players whom RCB trust very much. He is also an all-rounder who can play big shorts in the lower middle order. He is also a part-time wicket-taking spin bowler.
- Karn Sharma – Karn Sharma will be the perfect spinner on the team. Although he can also bat, he got very much experience playing in the IPL as he played for many different franchises in previous seasons. In 67 matches he has 59 wickets and 316 runs.
- Harshal Patel – another Indian bowler on whom RCB trust very much is Harshal Patel whom RCB bought in between from Delhi. He was a purple cap holder in the previous season and is now one of the most expensive bowlers in the 2022 auction. He has 78 wickets in 63 matches in IPL.
- Josh Hazlewood – Australian star Josh Hazlewood was RCB’s highest investment in overseas fast bowler. Josh Hazlewood is an Australian legend. He has done impressive work in T20Is too. He was part of the CSK team which won the title last year and now he will play beside Virat and Faf du Plessis.
- Mohammad Siraj – things got completely changed for Siraj after the 2020 edition of IPL. Before that Siraj was trolled very much for his bowling but he is now India’s one of the best fast bowlers at present and that is the reason RCB retained him even before the auction. Siraj has 50 wickets in 50 matches in IPL.
Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammed Siraj, Faf du Plessis, Harshal Patel, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dinesh Karthik, Josh Hazlewood, Shahbaz Ahmed, Anuj Rawat, Akash Deep, Mahipal Lomror, Finn Allen, Sherfane Rutherford, Jason Behrendorff, Suyash Prabhudessai, Chama Milind, Aneeshwar Gautam, Karn Sharma, David Willey, Luvnith Sisodia, and Siddharth Kaul.