Sports Desk – Records are made and broken in Test cricket. But some records are sometimes made. One of them is to take 500 or more wickets in Test cricket. Apart from Muthiah Muralitharan, Shane Warne, Anil Kumble, a name has been added to it. Yes, England fast bowler Stuart Broad has become the 7th bowler in the world to take 500 wickets in Test cricket.
Prior to Stuart Broad, his partner James Anderson has done this feat on behalf of the England cricket team. In 2017, Anderson made a record of taking 500 Test wickets in a Test match against the West Indies. Broad completed his 500 wickets in Test cricket by dismissing Kraigg Brathwaite of the West Indies on the fifth and last day of the Manchester Test.
Muttiah Muralitharan (800 wickets), Shane Warne (708), Anil Kumble (619), James Anderson (589), Glenn McGrath (563) and Courtney Walsh (519) have taken more than 500 wickets in Test matches before Stuart Broad. . Let us tell you that the legendary West Indies bowler Cortney Walsh was the first bowler to take 500 wickets in Test cricket.
Highest wicket taker bowler in Test cricket
- Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) – 800 wickets
- Shane Warne (Australia) – 708 wickets
- Anil Kumble (India) – 619 wickets
- James Anderson (England) – 589 wickets
- Glenn McGrath (Australia) – 563 wickets
- Courtney Walsh (West Indies) – 519 wickets
- Stuart Broad (England) – 500 * wickets