In the 2022 T20 world cup we saw many spectacular performances with the bat. It was a world cup to remember for many batsmen. It will be fair to say that the players who were expected to do well put up a great show in the mega event. So, in this article, we will see the major batting stats of the T20 world cup 2022.
- Most runs – most runs in the 2022 T20 world cup is scored by none other than the legend himself, Virat Kohli who made 296 runs in 6 matches including 4 half-centuries. Virat has also made it to the top of leading run scorer in T20 World Cups.
- Most fours – the most number of fours are by world No.1 T20I batsman, Surya Kumar Yadav who scored 26 fours in the tournament.
- Most sixes – the highest number of sixes are smashed by Zimbabwe’s all-rounder, Sikandar Raza who had a fantastic tournament with both bat and ball. Raza had 11 sixes in T20 World Cup 2022.
- Best strike rate – T20 world cup was all about Surya Kumar Yadav and he delivered every single time. The thing that makes him different from every other batsman is his strike rate in T20Is which was 189.68 in this world cup also.
- Most fifties – it’s either SKY or Kohli in our lists and the one with the most fifties in the tournament was Virat who scored 4 half-centuries in matches against Pakistan, Netherlands, Bangladesh, and England.
- Centuries – centuries are scored by only two batsmen in this world cup. The first one came from Rilee Rossouw against Bangladesh and the second one was from Glenn Phillips against Sri Lanka.
- Best average – when it comes to average, we all know it will be Virat Kohli who will be on the top of every average stat. Virat played with an unbelievable average of 98.66 in the T20 World Cup 2022.