T20 World Cup 2022 is all set to begin from 16 October 2022 in Australia. 12 teams will form two groups and they will fight for the world T20 title. ICC has dropped the price money for the world cup in which different amounts are sanctioned for different stages of the tournament. In this article, we will see the price money in the T20 world cup in brief.
T20 World Cup 2022 Prize Money
- First prize money is for the winner of the tournament which is $ 1.6 million. The winner of the ICC World T20 2022 will get prize money of almost 13 crores in Indian rupees. Last time Australia won the cup and this time they will host the cup.
- Runner-up of the tournament or the team which will lose the final will get $ 800,000 which is half of the winner’s prize money. Last time it was New Zealand who finishes as runner ups in the tournament.
- Losing semi-finalists will get $ 400,000 which is half the price of runners-up. Last year it was Pakistan and England who lost the semi-finals in the T20 world cup.
- Two groups will form 6 teams in each. And out 6 only two will go for the knockouts and the rest all other will exit from the super 12 stages with prize money of $ 70,000
- If a team exits from the first round which is qualifiers will get $ 40,000 prize money.
- For every win in round one and super 12 stage teams will be rewarded with $ 40,000 price money.
Also Read: Watch T20 World 2022 Live Streaming Free
T20 World Cup 2022 Teams Prize Money
Australia who was the host of the T20 world cup 2022 won a cash prize of 1.53 crores in the T20 World Cup. Australia failed to qualify for the semi-finals which was a big upset for them because they were favourites of many before the cup.
#4 New Zealand
Number fourth on our list is New Zealand who finished as table toppers of group 1. They were out in the semi-finals after their loss against Pakistan. But they won a cash prize of 4.19 crores.
India was the favourites of many before the cup and to be honest they were looking very dangerous side in the group stage but their campaign ended in the semi-finals where they faced an embarrassing defeat against England. India won a cash prize of 4.50 crores.
It was a world cup to remember for Pakistan. From standing at the gate of elimination to playing in the finals, Pakistan came a long way. But unfortunately, their campaign ended in the finals where they faced defeat against England and they became runners-up with a cash prize of 7.40 crores.
England’s white-ball approach is turning out to be a success for them because they are now both ODI world champions and T20 world champions. England finished in the second spot in their group but they finished at the top in the end, lifting the cup. England won a cash prize of 13.84 crores in T20 World Cup 2022.