India will play a three-match ODI series with South Africa from 19th January. Kl Rahul will lead the Indian side and Jasprit Bumrah will be the vice-captain. Whereas Temba Bavuma will lead the Proteas. Both South Africa and India are very good ODI sides for the past few years. The Series is going to be tough for both teams. In this article, we will see all the stats of head-to-head ODIs between India and South Africa.
- India has won 35 ODI matches against South Africa whereas South Africa has won 46 ODI matches against India. South Africa is leading in terms of the number of wins.
- As South Africa has won 46 matches against India logically India has lost 46 matches against South Africa in ODIs. The same is with South Africa as India has won 35 matches against South Africa logically South Africa has lost 35 matches against India. So, in terms of losses, India is unwantedly ahead of South Africa.
- In terms of the number of series wins both the teams are the same in ODIs. Both South Africa and India have won 5 ODI series against each other.
- Now in terms of highest total. South Africa has the highest total of 438/4 in ODIs against India. Whereas India has the highest total of 401/3 against Proteas in ODIs.
- Lowest total of South Africa in ODI match between India and South Africa is 117/10 whereas India has the lowest total of 91/10 in an ODI match between South Africa and India.
- Highest run-scorer for South Africa in ODIs against India is Quinton De Kock who has 754 runs against India in ODIs so far. India’s leading run-scorer in ODIs against South Africa is Virat Kohli who has scored 1287 runs against Proteas in ODIs.
- Leading wicket-taker for South Africa in ODIs against India is Kagiso Rabada who has 17 wickets so far against India in ODIs. India’s leading wicket-taker against South Africa in ODIs is Yuzvendra Chahal who has 20 wickets in ODIs against South Africa so far.
Also Read: Top 5 Fastest Centuries in ODIs
Also Read: Top 5 ODI wins of India against Proteas in South Africa