As T20 world cup is about to begin from 17th October. Many teams have announced their squad. South Africa is not a successful team in T20 format. The kind of dominance which south Africa created in tests and ODIs they failed to do in T20.
South Africa never won T20 cricket world cup and neither they were runner up in any.
Today we will look at South Africa’s T20 world cup 2021 squad and schedule.
South Africa will play with a 15 players squad lead by Temba Bavuma. There are many big names missing in this proteas squad like Faf du Plessis, Chris Morris and Imran Tahir but this team looks fresh and a lot with young talents. Let’s take a look at South Africa’s squad.
- Batsmen – Temba Bavuma, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller and Aiden Markram
- Wicketkeepers – Quinton de Kock
- All-Rounders – Keshav Maharaj, Bjorn Fortuin, Rassie van der Dussen, Wiaan Muldar and Dwaine Pretorius
- Bowlers – Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi and Lungi Ngidi
South Africa is at No.5 in current ICC T20 rankings. they will start their campaign against a good-looking Australian side. Let’s take a look at South Africa’s schedule.
- South Africa Vs Australia: 3:30 pm, October 23 (Abu Dhabi)
- South Africa Vs West Indies: 3:30 pm, October 26 (Dubai)
- South Africa Vs Winner of group A (A1): 3:30 pm, October 30 (Sharjah)
- South Africa Vs Runner Up of group B (B2): 3:30 pm, November 2 (Abu Dhabi)
- South Africa Vs England: 7:30 pm, November 6 (Abu Dhabi)
Note – all times are in IST (Indian Standard Time)