As T20 world cup is about to begin from 17th October. Many teams have announced their squad. Most successful team in World T20 is West Indies. They completely dominate this format but the only problem is they are not consistent, but still they have many power hitters which are specialist in T20 format.
West Indies won T20 world cup twice in 2012 and in 2016 making them the most successful team in T20 world cups.
Today we will look at West Indies’ T20 world cup 2021 squad and schedule.
West Indies will play with a 15 players squad lead by Kieron Pollard.
Kieron Pollard (captain), Nicholas Pooran, Fabian Allen, Dwayne Bravo, Roston Chase, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Evin Lewis, Obed McCoy, Lendl Simmons, Ravi Rampaul, Andre Russell, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr.
Reserves: Darren Bravo, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein.
West Indies who are at No.10 in current ICC T20 ranking will start their world cup campaign against England and they would like to start from where they end it in 2016 final. Let’s take a look at West Indies’ schedule.
- West Indies Vs England: 7:30 pm, October 23 (Dubai)
- West Indies Vs South Africa: 3:30 pm, October 26 (Dubai)
- West Indies Vs Runner Up of group B (B2): 3:30 pm, October 29 (Sharjah)
- West Indies Vs Winner of group A (A1): 7:30 pm, November 4 (Abu Dhabi)
- West Indies Vs Australia: 3:30 pm, November 6 (Abu Dhabi)
Note – all times are in IST (Indian Standard Time)