Indian right-arm fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah is now the No.1 ranked test bowler in the world. He is turning into a great fast bowler in red-ball cricket. Bumrah has taken many wickets in his career he has produced many matches winning spells but, in this article, we will tell you the top 5 bowling spells by Jasprit Bumrah in tests.
- At No.1 we have his recent spell against England in the second test at Visakhapatnam. In the first innings of India’s bowling, he took 6 wickets and gave 45 runs in his spell. Bumrah was on fire in that innings where fast bowlers were not getting any advantage from the conditions and pitch. The in-swinging yorker delivery to Ollie Pope was the best wicket of him in that spell.
- In 2018 in that famous BGT series between India and Australia, India claimed a famous victory over Australia in Melbourne. After a fabulous display of batting, it was now time for Indian bowlers to put pressure on Aussie players. Jasprit Bumrah took 6 wickets and gave 33 runs in his spell in that innings. In total, he took 9 wickets in that match.
- In January 2018 Jasprit Bumrah was playing in his third test match. He was playing in Johannesburg against South Africa where he claimed the first fifer of his career. Bumrah took 5 wickets and gave 54 runs in his spell against the Proteas.
- The fourth-best spell of Bumrah’s career again came in South Africa in 2024. He took 6 wickets and gave 61 runs in his spell. Bumrah was on fire against South Africa where he cleaned up the middle order and tailenders of the team. Bumrah was also named as the man of the series for his terrific performance.
- The 2021 India tour of England was very special. Every match of that test series was memorable. In the first test at Nottingham Jasprit Bumrah took 9 wickets in total. He took 4 wickets in the first innings and took 5 wickets in the second. His second-inning spell of 5/64 was one of his best spells in test cricket.