New Zealand’s opener and one of the best opening batsmen of this generation, Martin Guptill is celebrating his birthday today and on the occasion of the birthday of the kiwi opener, we have bought you some interesting and unique records of Martin Guptill.
Martin Guptill Records
- Rohit Sharma surpassed Martin Guptill in the most number of sixes in T20Is in the second T20I against Australia but before him, it was Guptill who hold this record for a very long time. He is now standing in second place with 172 sixes and with the world cup approaching he came to go past the Indian captain.
- Guptill created history in the 2015 world cup when he made the highest individual score in a world cup against West Indies in the quarter-finals of the word cup. Guptill made 237* which is still the highest individual score in any world cup.
- Guptill is a gun fielder. He has shown some top-class stuff in fielding in very high-pressure games. We all remember that famous run-out he made of MS Dhoni in the 2019 world Cup semi-finals which changed the face of the that game. Guptill has the second highest number of catches in T20Is which is 67.
- Guptill has played T20I cricket very much and that’s is the reason why he is the third-highest run scorer in the shortest format. Guptill has 3497 runs in T20Is so far.
- Guptill is also the only New Zealand batsman to score a double hundred in ODIs. He did that thing in the world cup 2015 against West Indies.