Here are some records held by Neymar in his career
Neymar doesn’t have monstrous records like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. But the records he holds are appreciable enough to count them in this career.
5 amazing records by Neymar
- Highest transfer-fee: Neymar is the most expensive player of all time. Paris Saint Germain (PSG) paid an incredible €222 million to Barcelona to sign the Brazil international in 2017. At the time, the fee was more than twice as much as the previous record.
- Most assists in a single UCL match: The Brazilian shares the record for the most assists in a single UCL match, alongside Carlos Martins and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. In 2016/17 UEFA Champions League, he set up four goals against Celtic.
- Have scored in victorious finals: Neymar is the only player to have scored in victorious finals in both the Champions League and the Copa Libertadores. He did it so during his respective spells with Santos and Barcelona.
- International record: The 29-year-old is the youngest player (aged 27) to reach 100 international caps for Brazil.
- Fastest goal in the Olympic: Neymar scored the fastest-ever goal at the Olympic Games during his nation’s triumphant 2016 campaign. He netted the ball after just 15 seconds in a semi-final win over Honduras.