Here are some records broken by Wayne Rooney in his career
Wayne Rooney is arguably the greatest Manchester United players and one of the greatest strikers in football history. When he retired, it was the end of an golden era for England. Or we can say, naturally, a flood of tributes poured in for the 35-year-old.
5 amazing Career Records by Wayne Rooney
- Youngest player to make 200 Premier League appearances: In 2008, Rooney set a new record by becoming the youngest player to make 200 Premier League appearances.
- Best-ever Premier League goal: Rooney’s overhead bicycle kick against Manchester City was voted as the ‘greatest premier league goal’ ever. His strike in the Manchester derby match handed his team a crucial win and helped their title-winning chances.
- Manchester United’s top goal scorer: On 21 January, 2017, Rooney became Manchester United’s all-time leading goal scorer. He netted his 250th goal for the club from a free-kick against Stoke City at the bet365 Stadium.
- England’s top scorer: Wayne Rooney became England’s top goalscorer in Euro 2016. Rooney scored his 50th international goal from a penalty to surpass the record which was again previously held by Sir Bobby Charlton.
- Once the Premier League’s Youngest Goalscorer: On October 19, 2002 Rooney became Premier League’s youngest goalscorer. Rooney was aged 16 when he scored for Everton against Arsenal in a 2-1 win.